April 13, 2021 update, project goals and outcomes
As a regional healthcare leader, La Clinica is on the front lines of the coronavirus (COVID-19) response. Your gifts have helped us provide COVID-19 services and expand our capacity to care for the uninsured, people without homes, and those impacted by fires. They also help protect critical healthcare capacity for the future.
To help safeguard hospital resources, protect our community, and fulfill our mission to care for our 30,000 patients, La Clinica responded to this crisis by expanding services and targeting populations most at risk. Here’s our progress on project goals and outcomes:
Goal 1: Provide COVID-19 services in coordination with community healthcare partners
- Opened a respiratory triage clinic which then moved to a new Acute Care Clinic to provide screening, testing, and treatment to serve La Clinica patients and uninsured and Spanish-speaking residents who do not have a medical home. Patients served: 3,052
- Deployed our Mobile Health Center to serve those without homes and people displaced by the fires, who are at high risk for COVID-19 infection. Patients served: 1,164
- Distributed masks and sanitizer to agricultural workers. Distributed: 7,870 masks
- Provided vaccinations against COVID-19. Patients served: 3,608
Goal 2: Provide critical primary and preventive health care services while complying with social distancing recommendations
- Dental services visits, including emergency/same day care: 7,947 patients and 23,299 visits
- Virtual and telephone medical care: 9,457 patients and 24,985 visits
- Virtual and telephone dental care: 898 patients and 947 visits
- Virtual and telephone behavioral health visits: 1,153 patients and 5,502 visits
- Virtual Oregon Health Plan insurance enrollment assistance: 1,585 clients
- Pharmacy delivery services: 1,573 prescriptions delivered through February
Goal 3: Open an Acute Care Clinic to expand COVID-19 screening, testing, and treatment, and initiate vaccination program, as well as provide acute care to newly uninsured and other underserved populations. Explore the clinic that opened March 15 in this short video tour.
Goal 4: Support patients during COVID and fires
- Outreach to 30,000 patients by phone to engage, educate about COVID-19, conduct needs assessment, and guide back into care. Patients contacted: 11,563
- Provide needs assessments to all eligible patients to measure social determinates of health and help, as needed. Patients served: 3,494
Goal 5: Secure $14,120,386 to fund program and preserve La Clinica’s capacity to serve 30,000 current patients and expand access to the newly unemployed. La Clinica has raised $13,298,367 or 94% of our goal—$5,695,897 from federal grants and loans, $2,918,033 from community giving, and $4,684,437 in insurance billing revenue for services provided.