Nov. 2, 2020 update, project goals and outcomes
As a regional healthcare leader, La Clinica is on the front lines of the coronavirus (COVID-19) response. Your gifts have helped us provide COVID-19 services and expand our capacity to care for the uninsured, people without homes, and those impacted by fires. They also help protect critical healthcare capacity for the future.
To help safeguard hospital resources, protect our community, and fulfill our mission to care for our 30,000 patients, La Clinica responded to this crisis by expanding services and targeting populations most at risk. Here’s our progress on project goals and outcomes:
Goal 1: Provide COVID-19 services in coordination with community healthcare partners
- Opened a respiratory triage clinic to provide screening, testing, and treatment to serve La Clinica patients and uninsured and Spanish-speaking residents who do not have a medical home. Patients served: 1,992
- Deployed our Mobile Health Center to serve those without homes and people displaced by the fires, who are at high risk for COVID-19 infection. Patients served: 693
- Distributed masks and sanitizer to agricultural workers. Distributed: masks, 6,240
Goal 2: Provide critical primary and preventive health care services while complying with social distancing recommendations
- Dental services visits, including emergency/same day care: 5,414 patients and 12,717 visits
- Virtual and telephone medical care: 7,480 patients and 16,281 visits
- Virtual and telephone dental care: 898 patients and 947 visits
- Virtual and telephone behavioral health visits: 831 patients and 3,359 visits
- Virtual Oregon Health Plan insurance enrollment assistance: 1,008 clients
- Pharmacy delivery services: 378 patients received 795 prescription delivered to their homes
Goal 3: Open an acute care clinic to expand COVID-19 screening, testing, and treatment, and initiate vaccination program, as well as provide acute care to newly uninsured and other underserved populations. Clinic on track to open in January 2021.
Goal 4: Support patients during COVID and fires
- Outreach to 30,000 patients by phone to engage, educate about COVID-19, conduct needs assessment, and guide back into care. Patients contacted: 11,563
- Provide needs assessments to all eligible patients to measure social determinates of health and help, as needed. Patients served: 3,424
Goal 5: Secure $14,120,386 to fund program and preserve La Clinica’s capacity to serve 30,000 current patients and expand access to the newly unemployed. La Clinica has raised $9,745,399 or 69% of our goal—$5,398,569 from federal grants and loans, $1,521,885 from community giving, and $2,824,945 in insurance billing revenue for services provided.