Your donations to the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund will protect critical healthcare capacity for the future.
As a regional healthcare leader, La Clinica is on the front lines of the coronavirus (COVID-19) response.
To help safeguard hospital resources, protect our community, and fulfill our mission to care for our 30,000 patients, La Clinica has responded to this crisis with the following:
- Made available COVID-19 screening and testing. La Clinica opened a respiratory triage clinic inside a health center to provide testing and treatment for mild and moderate symptoms to prevent hospitalizations. It also made available COVID-19 services to all uninsured and Spanish-speaking residents who do not have a medical home
- Repurposed our Mobile Health Center to serve the homeless community, who are at high risk for COVID-19 infection
To comply with state mandates on social distancing and the use of protective equipment for non-urgent needs, La Clinica has taken the following safety steps:
- Stopped 75% of dental services, providing only emergency services
- Closed all school-based health centers (patients can still access services by phone or video)
- Suspended all group visits and classes, massage therapy, acupuncture, and physical therapy
- Shifted all non-essential patient visits to phone or video
Updated service details are always available here.
This shift in operations, along with state mandates to keep staff and patients safe, have significantly impacted La Clinica’s financial position. We need your help now more than ever. In our 30-year history, this is the first time La Clinica has asked for emergency community support to meet operational demands. The need is that great.
Your gift will help us purchase supplies and equipment, offset growing personnel expenses, and continue COVID-19 services for as long as this threat continues. Most importantly, your support will help us protect critical healthcare capacity for the future.