May 4, 2020
We care about you and want to help you maintain your well-being during this time. We are supporting our staff with ideas for staying healthy and want to share with you, our patients and community members, some of what we are sharing with our teams. We know that together we will all make it through this, and we are committed to supporting you in staying healthy. Each week we will offer at least one area you can focus on to take care of yourself, with simple ideas to do from home or wherever you are.
Paying attention to health issues
It is important for all of us to pay attention to our health right now. With changing schedules and different daily routines, we can sometimes forget to take care of our daily health issues. If you have an ongoing health condition, be sure to follow your doctor’s advice on how to take care of yourself. If you need support with this or if you have questions about your health, reach out to our care teams. We can support you now with virtual visits, phone visits, and in-person visits when needed. We also have behavioral health providers and wellness coaches available if you would like to talk with someone.
Even if we usually feel healthy, we can all benefit from checking in on how we are doing in areas that affect our well-being. Here are a few questions to ask ourselves each week:
- How well am I sleeping? Am I getting enough sleep and keeping a regular routine on when I go to sleep and when I wake up? Do I usually wake up feeling rested?
- Am I moving and exercising enough to feel healthy? Do I make this a part of my daily routine? Am I choosing a variety of movement and exercise activities that I enjoy doing so that I stay motivated to keep being active each day?
- Do I choose healthy food and drinks each day? Am I avoiding unhealthy foods or too much snacking? Am I getting enough nutrition each day from what I eat?
- Am I paying attention to how my body feels each day? Do I take care of it when I know I need to change something in my routine to create better health?
- Do I get outside each day and do things to connect with the natural world around me?
We are all changing all the time, so our answers may be different from week to week. Notice which areas you want to pay attention to in the coming week and choose at least one thing you will focus on to increase your physical health.
Tip: Start and end your day with a “body scan” and notice which parts of your body feel strong and healthy and which parts may need attention. Start with your feet and move your way up, paying attention to how your body feels. Be sure to take a minute to appreciate everything your body does each day!