Michelle Wilson, wellness program manager
Keeping a daily routine
Many of us are having to change our daily routines right now to keep ourselves, and others, safe and healthy. It is important to create new daily routines to keep a sense of balance in our lives. Here are a few ideas to help you keep a daily routine that supports your health and well-being.
- Think about a morning routine that helps you focus your day. Eat something healthy and take a few minutes to think about what you want to do during your day.
- Be sure to plan time for things you enjoy as well as things that will keep you healthy, like regular walking or other types of exercise.
- This is a great time to try things you may not usually have time for, like cooking new recipes or trying new art or creative projects.
- If you have children at home, make sure you support them by creating daily routines that include play time, regular family meals, and plenty of sleep.
- At the end of the day, take a few minutes to think about what you are thankful for. If you haven’t connected with someone, make a phone call or reach out in some other way to someone you care about. End the day on a positive note to help you sleep better and wake up feeling rested.
Tip: Have a daily calendar and write on it each day. Include your appointments and at least one thing each day that will support you in being healthy.