This is a first-come, first-served service.
Information line: 541-512-3922
See the center’s schedule.
The La Clinica Mobile Health Center is a 40-foot clinic on wheels that provides medical, dental, and behavioral health care to patients who have difficulty reaching our other health centers.
The center serves the public at several stops, and also stops at several schools, where it serves students and their siblings.
Nurse practitioners or doctors, dentists, nurses, and medical and dental assistants work on the vehicle, which includes medical exam areas, a full dental suite, an office area, a lab, and a restroom. The medical and dental exam areas can be enclosed to provide privacy for patients. The center is accessible by wheelchair.
Patients are served on a drop-in basis. Those with urgent needs are served first.
La Clinica is offering this service through the use of two federal grants. We are extremely grateful to our federal partners for recognizing the need for such services in Jackson County, where high unemployment and lower-than-average wages make access to care especially difficult.
The mobile health center is the first of its kind in Jackson County.
Our outreach programs have been developed to empower those we treat with the care, education, and counseling they need to live healthier lives. La Clinica joins with homeless service providers to offer basic care and health education to the homeless community monthly. For more than two decades we and a team of community volunteers also have provided much needed medical and dental care to migrant and seasonal farm workers in our community. Our programs include:
MIGRANT AND SEASONAL FARMWORKER OUTREACH
- Blood pressure checks/education
- Diabetes screening/education
- One-on-one medical exams with our providers
- Tetanus vaccinations
- HIV testing/education
- H1N1 and seasonal flu vaccinations
- Education about nutrition, tobacco, food stamps, family planning, breast self exams, and pesticides
- Limited dental care.
La Clinica uses its mobile health center to provide care at a number of community and school sites. The services are available on a drop-in basis. Most medical services available in La Clinica’s health centers are also available on the mobile health center. Limited dental services also are available at some sites.
OUTREACH TO HOMELESS TEENS
Our outreach staff partner with the following homeless youth programs to provide medical and dental care for homeless teens:
- Maslow Project, a nationally recognized outreach program and resource center that works with families, schools, and social service agencies to break down barriers to success for 1,000 homeless youth in our community
- Community Works Home Run program, serving homeless and runaway youth in Jackson County
- Magdalene Home, a shelter for pregnant teens
- Hearts With A Mission, a shelter for homeless teen
ESPECIALLY FOR CHILDREN
La Clinica operates several programs in the community targeted at children. In many cases our programs are the only medical safety net these children know. Programs include: